Chicken Salad with Curry Yoghurt Dressing and Roasted Potatoes
A delicious summer BBQ dish
My Classic For Two Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Classic For Two Food Bag on Sunday, December 25, 2016.
- 400g potatoes, scrubbed and diced 1–2cm
- ¾ teaspoon curry powder
- 1½ teaspoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 300g chicken thighs
- Zest of ½ lemon *
- 1 tablespoon natural yoghurt *
- 1½ teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ iceberg lettuce *
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes *
- ½ telegraph cucumber *
- 1 carrot
CURRY YOGHURT DRESSING
- 3 tablespoons natural yoghurt *
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ¼ –½ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1–2 tablespoons torn coriander leaves *
- Preheat oven to 200oC. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Preheat BBQ grill or hot plate to medium (if using).
- 1 Toss potatoes, curry powder, sweet chilli sauce and oil on prepared tray and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 25–30 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Turn once during cooking.
- 2 Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Combine with lemon zest, yoghurt, olive oil and salt in a shallow dish or bowl and set aside to marinate for at least 5 minutes.
- 3 While potatoes are cooking, prepare salad. Roughly chop lettuce; cut cherry tomatoes in half; cut cucumber in half lengthways and slice thinly on an angle; peel and grate carrot. Arrange all on a platter or toss together in a large bowl.
- 4 In a small bowl, mix together all curry yoghurt dressing ingredients. When potatoes have about 15 minutes cook time remaining, heat a drizzle of oil in a medium fry-pan on medium heat.
- 5 Cook chicken for 4–5 minutes each side (depending on thickness), or until cooked through. If chicken browns too quickly reduce heat. Set aside, covered with foil, to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- To serve, pile salad and roasted potatoes onto plates. Top with chicken slices, drizzle over curry yoghurt dressing and garnish with coriander leaves.
- SERVES 2-3
- Energy: 1988 kj / 475 kcal
- Protein: 29.7g
- Carbohydrate: 31.6g
- Fat: 24.8g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe