Beef Sirloin Steaks with Crushed Lemon Feta Potatoes
A Kiwi classic with a side of tasty lemon feta potatoes!
My Family Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Family Food Bag on 15 January 2017.
CRUSHED LEMON FETA POTATOES
- 600g potatoes, diced 2–3cm *
- 1 teaspoon mustard (e.g. Dijon, wholegrain)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional, adults)
- Juice of ½ lemon (optional, adults) *
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ bag baby silverbeet, thinly sliced *
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (e.g. red wine, white wine)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ telegraph cucumber *
- 1 tomato
- 1 carrot
BEEF SIRLOIN STEAKS
- 550g beef sirloin steaks (at room temperature)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Preheat BBQ hot plate or grill to high (if using).
- 1 Cook potatoes in pot of boiling water for 12–15 minutes, until soft. Drain and return to pot and cover to keep warm. In a small bowl, mix mustard, lemon zest, lemon juice and mayonnaise. Set aside.
- 2 In a medium bowl mix together vinegar and oil. Dice cucumber and tomato 1–2cm and peel carrot (discard outer peel), then peel lengthways into ribbons. Add all to bowl with vinegar and oil, toss to combine and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 3 Pat steaks dry with paper towels and season with salt. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on high heat and cook steaks for about 2 minutes each side for medium rare (depending on thickness), or until cooked to your liking.
- 4 Set aside to rest for 5 minutes, covered with foil, before slicing thickly against the grain.
- 5 Gently crush potatoes with a fork (but do not mash). Fold the mustard mayonnaise mix through potatoes, along with feta and silverbeet. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, Divide crushed lemon feta potatoes, slices of beef sirloin steak and salad between plates.
- SERVES 4-5
- Energy: 2075 kj / 496 kcal
- Protein: 34.2g
- Carbohydrate: 23.4g
- Fat: 29.2g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe