Beef and Bean Stir-Fry with Sesame Rice
A quick and easy stir-fry!
My Classic food bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Classic food bag on Sunday, January 1, 2017.
- 2 cups Japanese brown rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds *
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 40g kecap manis
- 1½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1½ tablespoons water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2cm ginger, finely grated
BEEF AND BEANS
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 600g beef rump steaks (at room temperature)
- 150g green beans, ends trimmed *
- 1 capsicum, core and seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1 baby bok choy, end trimmed 1cm, rinsed and finely sliced
- Preheat BBQ grill to high (if using).
- 1 Combine rice, water, sesame oil and a pinch of salt in a large pot and bring to the boil. As soon as it boils, cover with a tight-fitting lid and reduce to lowest heat to cook for 15 minutes. Turn off heat and leave to steam, still covered, for a further 8 minutes. Do not lift lid during cooking.
- 2 In a small bowl, combine all stir-fry sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- 3 Heat a large, dry fry-pan on medium heat. Toast sesame seeds for 1–2 minutes, until light brown and fragrant. Remove from pan and stir through rice once cooked. Reserve fry-pan.
- 4 Add oil to reserved pan and increase heat to high. Cook beef for 2–3 minutes each side for medium rare (depending on thickness), or until cooked to your liking. Remove from pan and rest, covered with foil, for at least five minutes before slicing thinly against the grain.
- 5 Wipe out pan and return to high heat. Stir-fry beans and capsicum for 2–3 minutes, until just tender. Add bok choy and stir-fry sauce and cook a further 1 minute, until bok choy is slightly wilted. Add thinly sliced beef and toss to coat.
- To serve, Spoon ¾ cup of cooked sesame rice per person onto plates. Top with stir-fry beef and beans and drizzle over any remaining stir-fry sauce, if desired.
- SERVES 4-5
- Energy: 2024 kj / 484 kcal
- Protein: 36.6g
- Carbohydrate: 55.4g
- Fat: 12.8g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe