Courgette, Artichoke and Goat's Cheese Open Lasagne with Pesto
This delicious meal is quick and easy to prepare.
My Own Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Own Food Bag on 8 January 2017.
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- ½ cup white wine or vegetable stock
- 2 courgettes, ends trimmed and sliced 0.5cm
- Pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
- 100g marinated artichokes, roughly chopped
- ½ cup water
- 75g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto
- 12 fresh lasagne pasta sheets
- 100g baby spinach leaves (1 handful finely sliced)
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto
- 25g goat's cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- 1 Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on medium heat. Add shallot and cook for 4–5 minutes, until soft. Add wine, increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Boil for 2–3 minutes, until all the liquid has evaporated.
- 2 Add courgette and chilli flakes (if using) and cook for 2–3 minutes, stirring often. Add artichokes and water, stir to combine and cook a further 1 minute.
- 3 Turn off heat and stir through first measure of goat’s cheese and first measure of pesto. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
- 4 Separate pasta sheets and cook in pot of boiling water for about 3 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and toss with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.
- 5 Place a pasta sheet in a bowl and spoon some courgette mixture on top, followed by some spinach leaves. Place another pasta sheet on top, followed by more courgette mixture and spinach leaves. Repeat until you have used 3–4 pasta sheets.
- To serve, Drizzle over remaining pesto and crumble over remaining goat’s cheese. Garnish with sliced spinach.
- SERVES 2
- Energy: 1987 kj / 475 kcal
- Protein: 16.7g
- Carbohydrate: 41.3g
- Fat: 22.6g
- Pantry staple