Cornflake Chicken with Miso Cauliflower and Courgettes
We've used a special blend of crushed cornflakes and panko breadcrumbs to give this chicken dish a super crispy texture.
My Own Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Own Food Bag on Sunday, July 23, 2017.
MISO CAULIFLOWER AND BROCCOLINI
- ¼ cauliflower, cut into small florets until you have 1½ cups worth *
- 1 parsnip, diced 2cm
- 1½ teaspoons cauliflower spice mix
- 2-3 tablespoons miso sesame dressing
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves *
- Pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 courgettes, sliced 1cm
- 1 egg
- ½ cup cornflake crumb
- 300g chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise ▲
- PREHEAT oven to 220°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 1 Toss cauliflower and parsnip with a drizzle of olive oil and cauliflower spice mix on prepared tray. Season with salt and pepper and roast for about 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove from oven, toss through courgette and cook a further 10 minutes until tender.
- 2 While vegetables roast, pat chicken dry with paper towels and cut into steaks. To do this, place your hand flat on top of chicken breast and use a knife to slice through horizontally to make two thin steaks. Season chicken with salt.
- 3 Whisk egg in a small bowl and place cornflake crumb in a second bowl. Coat each chicken piece first in egg and then in crumbs, pressing the crumb firmly onto the chicken to adhere. Set aside on a plate. Heat a generous drizzle of oil in a medium fry-pan on lowmedium heat.
- 4 Cook cornflake chicken for 2-3 minutes each side, until golden brown and cooked through, adding more oil as needed. If crumb starts to burn, reduce heat. Remove chicken from pan and set aside to rest, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- 5 While chicken cooks, mix sriracha and mayonnaise together in a small bowl, season with salt and pepper and set aside. Toss roasted vegetables with miso sesame dressing, parsley and chilli flakes (if using) on tray. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- TO SERVE, divide miso cauliflower and courgette between plates and top with cornflake chicken. Dollop over sriracha mayo.
- SERVES 2
- Energy: 2581 kj / 617 kcal
- Protein: 48.4g
- Carbohydrate: 28.5g
- Fat: 32.7g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe