Indian-Spiced Halloumi Salad with Mango Chutney and Crispy Noodles
For best results use a non-stick fry-pan.
My Veggie Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Veggie Food Bag on Sunday, November 26, 2017.
Indian Spiced Halloumi Salad
- 200g halloumi cheese
- 1 tablespoon Indian spice mix
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes *
- 2-3 radishes *
- 1 capsicum
- ½ telegraph cucumber *
- ½ shallot
- ½ bag mesclun *
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons vinegar (e.g. red wine, white wine, cider)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon mustard (e.g. Dijon, wholegrain)
- ½ teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 pottle yoghurt
- 200g crispy noodles
- 80g veggie mango chutney
- 35g toasted pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 1 Prepare your vegetables. Slice haloumi 0.5cm and sprinkle Indian spice mix over to coat. Set aside while you prepare the salad.
- 2 Slice tomatoes in half; thinly slice radishes; thinly slice capsicum; cut cucumber in half lengthways, use a teaspoon to remove seeds then thinly slice on an angle; thinly slice shallot, add all to a large bowl with mesclun and toss to combine.
- 3 In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and season to taste.
- 4 Heat a drizzle of oil in a large non-stick fry-pan on medium heat. Cook haloumi for about 1 minute each side until golden. Drain on a paper towels.
- 5 Toss salad with dressing and season to taste.
- 6 To serve, divide salad between plates or bowls. Lay pieces of Indian spiced haloumi on top. Drizzle over yoghurt, dollop with mango chutney, place a small handful of crispy noodles on top and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds (if using).
- SERVES 2-3
- Energy: 2254 kj / 539 kcal
- Protein: 20.9g
- Carbohydrate: 82.1g
- Fat: 13.2g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe