Grilled Chicken and Basil Panzanella
Alternatively, cook chicken on BBQ grill for 2-3 minutes each side, or until cooked through. Drizzle over chicken resting juices for added flavour, if desired.
My Classic For 2 Food Bag
This dish will appear in My Classic For 2 Food Bag on Sunday, December 17, 2017.
- 1 ciabatta roll
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes *
- ½ bunch asparagus *
- ½ bag rocket leaves *
- 300g chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon honey
- Zest of ½ lemon *
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon vinegar (e.g. red wine, white wine)
- Juice of ½ lemon *
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon picked basil leaves
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Bring a full kettle to the boil. Preheat BBQ grill to medium-high (if using). Cut asparagus into 3cm lengths and place into a medium, heat-proof bowl. Cover with boiling water and leave for 3 minutes, until bright green and tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2 Tear bread into 2cm pieces and toss on prepared tray with a drizzle of oil. Lightly season with salt and bake for 6-8 minutes, until golden and crunchy. Keep an eye on bread to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- 3 Pat chicken dry and cut into steaks. To do this, place your hand flat on top of chicken breast and use a knife to slice through horizontally to make two thin steaks. Place in a bowl with honey, lemon zest, oil and salt. Season with pepper and toss to coat.
- 4 Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on mediumhigh heat and cook chicken for 2-3 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through. Set aside, covered, for 5 minutes to rest then slice thickly.
- 5 Roughly chop first measure of basil leaves and add to a large bowl with remaining dressing ingredients and whisk to combine. Cut cherry tomatoes in half. Add all to bowl with dressing, along with asparagus and rocket. Season and toss to combine. Toss ciabatta through just before serving.
- 6 To serve, divide panzanella between plates. Top with slices of grilled chicken and garnish with reserved basil leaves. Drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil (if using).
- SERVES 2-3
- Energy: 1916 kj / 458 kcal
- Protein: 32.4g
- Carbohydrate: 31.0g
- Fat: 21.8g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe