Chicken and Basil Pesto Linguine with Tomato Salad
Tomatoes are best kept out of the fridge. If you like your pasta saucier, add ½ cup reserved pasta water.
My Express Food Bag
This dish will appear in My Express Food Bag on Sunday, December 17, 2017.
Chicken and Basil Linguine
- ¾ pack linguine pasta
- 1 pack chicken breast steaks
- 1 tablespoon chicken spice mix
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ broccoli, finely chopped *
- 1 courgette, diced 1cm
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste *
- ½ bottle basil pesto
- ½-1 cup pasta water
- 1 pack vine tomatoes, sliced 1cm
- 1 pottle feta cheese
- Drizzle olive oil
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar
- ¼ bottle basil pesto (optional)
- 1 Bring a full kettle to the boil. Pour boiling water into a medium pot, add a good pinch of salt, and bring back to boil. Once boiling, add pasta and cook for about 12 minutes, until just tender. Reserve 1 cup pasta water. Drain and return pasta to pot with a drizzle of olive oil to prevent sticking.
- 2 Pat chicken dry and toss with chicken spice mix and a drizzle of oil and season with salt. Heat a large frypan on medium-high heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side until cooked through. Set aside to rest. Leave pan on medium heat with a drizzle of oil. To
- 3 Add butter, broccoli, courgette and garlic paste to the pan and cook for about 3 minutes until tender. Remove pan from heat, add cooked pasta, basil pesto and ½ cup pasta water to the pan. Toss to combine and season. Pour
- 4 Place tomatoes on a plate, crumble over feta cheese and drizzle with olive oil and vinegar. Season lightly. Thinly slice chicken.
- 5 To serve, divide basil pesto linguine between plates, top with chicken and drizzle with a little extra basil pesto (if using). Serve tomato salad on the side.
- SERVES 5
- Energy: 2412 kj / 576 kcal
- Protein: 38.4g
- Carbohydrate: 52.1g
- Fat: 23.3g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe