Pork and Spiced Pumpkin with Date and Apple Chutney
Alternatively, cook pork on BBQ for about 2 minutes each side (depending on thickness), or until cooked through.
My Express Food Bag
This dish will appear in My Express Food Bag on Sunday, April 22, 2018.
- ¼ cauliflower
- 1 pack pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin spice mix
- Zest of 1 orange
- 3 spring onions *
- 1 courgette
- 1/3 bag baby spinach
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 pack pork scotch fillets (at room temperature)
- 1 sachet sliced almonds
- 1 pottle date and apple chutney (optional, adults)
- 1 Preheat oven to 230°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Preheat BBQ hot plate or grill to high (if using). Zest and juice orange and cut cauliflower into small florets. Toss cauliflower, pumpkin, spice mix and orange zest with a drizzle of olive oil on tray. Cook for about 20 minutes, until golden and tender. Turn once during cooking.
- 2 While pumpkin cooks, thinly slice spring onions; grate courgette; roughly chop spinach. Set all aside.
- 3 Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on medium heat. Pat pork dry and season. Cook for 3–4 minutes each side for medium (depending on thickness), or until cooked to your liking. Remove from pan and set aside, covered, to rest for 2–3 minutes before slicing thickly against the grain.
- 4 Return pan to medium heat with a drizzle of oil. Cook spring onions and courgette for about 1 minute, until starting to soften.
- 5 Add spinach and orange juice and cook a further 1 minute, until spinach starts to wilt and liquid has reduced. Toss through pumpkin and season to taste.
- 6 To serve, divide spiced pumpkin and pork between plates, sprinkle with almonds and dollop with date apple chutney on the side (if using).
- SERVES 4
- Energy: 1703 kj / 407 kcal
- Protein: 34.0g
- Carbohydrate: 23.6g
- Fat: 18.9g
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe