Juniper Spiced Venison Burger with Beetroot Relish
Juicy venison mince pairs beautifully with tangy sweet beetroot relish.
My Own Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Own Food Bag on Sunday, May 1, 2016.
JUNIPER SPICED VENISON BURGER
- 150g juniper spiced venison grind
- 1 Turkish bun, sliced in half horizontally
- ½ baby cos lettuce
- ½ intense tomato
- ½ carrot
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon beetroot relish
- PREHEAT oven to 200°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 1 Shape venison grind into 13cm diameter patty, about 1cm-thick.
- 2 Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a small fry-pan on medium-high heat. Cook venison patty for 1–2 minutes each side, until golden.
- 3 Transfer to oven tray, along with Turkish bun, and bake for 3–4 minutes or until cooked through and bun is toasted.
- 4 While patty cooks, prepare the rest of your burger. Separate lettuce leaves; thinly slice tomato; peel and grate carrot.
- TO SERVE Spread mayonnaise on top half of bun. Place a few lettuce leaves on bottom half of bun, top with venison patty, beetroot relish, tomato, carrot and finish burger with top of bun. Combine any remaining lettuce and tomato and serve as a salad on the side.
- SERVES 1
- Energy: 2765 kj / 661 kcal
- Protein: 47.9g
- Carbohydrate: 73.0g
- Fat: 18.4g
- Pantry staple