Lemon Pepper Fish with Veggie Fries and Rocket Salad
A fresh and healthy take on the classic fish and chips!
My Own Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Own Food Bag on Sunday, December 25, 2016.
- 200g orange kumara, scrubbed
- ½ beetroot
LEMON PEPPER FISH
- 3 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs *
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- 150g fish fillet
- 1/3 punnet cherry tomatoes *
- ¼ apple
- ½ bag rocket leaves *
- ½–1 teaspoon lemon juice *
- 1–2 tablespoons tartare sauce
- 1 lemon wedge *
- Preheat oven to 220oC. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 1 Cut kumara and beetroot into 1cm-thick fries. Toss with a drizzle of olive oil on prepared tray and season with salt and pepper. Bake for about 20 minutes, until golden. Turn tray once during cooking.
- 2 In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs and lemon pepper with a drizzle of olive oil and mix well. Pat fish dry with paper towels and remove any remaining scales or bones.
- 3 When vegetables have about 7 minutes cook time remaining, remove tray from oven and lay fish on tray. Season fish with salt and rub a little olive oil over top. Lightly pack crumb mixture on top of fish, pressing down to adhere. Bake for 6–7 minutes, until cooked through.
- 4 While fish bakes, prepare salad. Cut cherry tomatoes in half and remove core from apple and slice into thin matchsticks. Place both in a medium bowl with rocket, lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve place lemon pepper fish and veggie fries onto a plate with salad on the side. Serve with tartare sauce and a wedge of lemon to squeeze over just before serving.
- SERVES 1
- Energy: 2655 kj / 635 kcal
- Protein: 35.3g
- Carbohydrate: 64.1g
- Fat: 24.6g
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe