Beef with Scorched Cherry Tomatoes and Beans
Topped with a traditional salsa verde, an Italian green sauce
My Own Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Own Food Bag on 1 January 2017.
- 150g beef sirloin steak (at room temperature)
SCORCHED CHERRY TOMATOES AND BEANS
- 100g green beans, ends trimmed
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes *
- ½ can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon salsa verde
- Remaining salsa verde
- Preheat BBQ hot plate or grill to high (if using).
- 1 Pat beef dry with paper towels and season with salt. Heat a drizzle of oil in a small fry-pan on high heat. Cook beef for about 2 minutes each side for medium-rare (depending on thickness), or until cooked to your liking. Set aside, wrapped in foil, to rest for 2–3 minutes.
- 2 Keep pan on heat and add a drizzle of oil. Cook green beans for 2 minutes, until bright green and just tender, then remove from pan and set aside. Keep pan on heat.
- 3 Add cherry tomatoes to pan and cook for 1 minute, until starting to soften and blister. Add cannellini beans and toss through tomatoes to warm through.
- 4 Turn off heat and gently toss first measure of salsa verde through tomatoes and cannellini beans. Season with salt and pepper. Slice steak thinly against the grain.
- To serve spoon scorched cherry tomatoes and beans onto a plate, top with green beans and slices of beef. Drizzle over remaining salsa verde.
- SERVES 1
- Energy: 2528 kj / 604 kcal
- Protein: 44.6g
- Carbohydrate: 31.1g
- Fat: 31.3g
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe