Cajun Chicken with Roast Vegetables and Croutons
This packs a flavour punch and is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
My Classic Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Classic Food Bag on 1 January 2017.
- 500g peeled pumpkin, scrubbed and diced 3cm
- 1 red onion, halved, root left intact and cut into 2cm wedges
- ½ head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- ½ bag baby spinach leaves *
- 1 Turkish loaf
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 600g chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup mayo
- 1–2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 1 Toss pumpkin and onion with a drizzle of olive oil on prepared tray and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes then toss cauliflower through and roast a further 15 minutes.
- 2 Dice Turkish loaf 2cm and toss in a medium bowl with olive oil. Scatter over roast vegetables in the last 5–8 minutes of cook time. Roast until croutons are crispy and golden and vegetables are tender.
- 3 While vegetables are roasting, prepare the rest of the meal. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and cut each breast lengthways into 2–3cm wide strips. In a medium bowl mix Cajun seasoning, cornflour and salt together. Toss chicken through cornflour mixture to coat well.
- 4 Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on medium meat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 2–3 minutes each side, or until cooked through. Set aside, covered with foil, to rest for 2–3 minutes.
- 5 Once vegetables and croutons have finished cooking, toss spinach through roast vegetables and croutons on prepared tray. In a small bowl, mix together all aioli ingredients.
- To serve divide roast vegetables and croutons between plates and top with Cajun chicken. Drizzle over aioli.
- SERVES 4-5
- Energy: 2408 kj / 576 kcal
- Protein: 37.2g
- Carbohydrate: 31.4g
- Fat: 32.8g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe