Lamb Meatballs with Flatbreads and Mint Yoghurt
Delicious Greek flavours to enjoy on a summer evening
My Family Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Family Food Bag on Sunday, January 1, 2017.
- 450g Greek lamb mince
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ telegraph cucumber *
- 1 tomato
- 1 capsicum
- ½ iceberg lettuce *
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 5 Lebanese flatbreads
- 1 cup natural yoghurt *
- 2 tablespoons sliced mint leaves *
- ½ red onion *
- Sweet chilli sauce or tomato relish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220°C (to warm flatbreads). Preheat BBQ hot plate to medium (if using).
- 1 Using a tablespoon measure and clean, damp hands, roll 2 tablespoons of Greek lamb mince into balls. Set aside.
- 2 Heat oil in a large fry-pan (with a lid) on low-medium heat. Cook meatballs for 10–12 minutes, with the lid on, until golden brown and cooked through, turning often. Set aside, covered with foil, to rest for a few minutes. While lamb meatballs are cooking, prepare the rest of the meal.
- 3 Wrap stack of flatbreads in foil and warm in oven for 5–6 minutes. Keep wrapped and set aside.
- 4 Dice cucumber 1–2cm; dice tomatoes 1cm; remove core and seeds from capsicum and slice thinly; finely shred lettuce. Place all in a medium bowl and set aside.
- 5 In a small bowl, combine yoghurt and sliced mint leaves. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Finely slice red onion (if using). Toss all salad ingredients with lemon juice and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil just before serving.
- To serve spread a little mint yoghurt along breads and top with salad and 2–3 lamb meatballs. Garnish with red onion (if using) and a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce or tomato relish (if using) and a little more mint yoghurt (if desired). Roll up and enjoy!
- SERVES 4-5
- Energy: 2080 kj / 497 kcal
- Protein: 36.7g
- Carbohydrate: 46.7g
- Fat: 15.8g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe