Sirloin Steak with Spiced Chips, Slaw and Béarnaise Sauce
Pre-chopped potato chips and slaw, easy and delicious!
My Express Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Express Food Bag on 1 January 2017.
- 1 bag hand-cut potato chips, any liquid drained
- 1 tablespoon chip spice mix
- ½ telegraph cucumber *
- 1 bag ranch slaw
- ½ bag baby spinach leaves *
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 550g beef sirloin steaks (at room temperature)
- 100g Béarnaise sauce
- ½ lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 220oC. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Preheat BBQ hot plate or grill to high (if using).
- 1 Pat hand-cut chips dry with paper towels. Toss on prepared tray with chip spice mix and a drizzle of oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast for about 25 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Turn once during cooking.
- 2 While chips are roasting, dice cucumber 2cm and place in a large bowl, along with ranch slaw, baby spinach leaves, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Toss well and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3 When the spiced chips have been cooking for 10 minutes, heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on medium-high heat. Pat beef sirloin steaks dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- 4 Cook for 2–3 minutes each side for medium-rare (depending on thickness), or until cooked to your liking. Set aside, covered with foil, to rest for 5 minutes before slicing thickly against the grain.
- To serve divide spiced chips, slices of steak and slaw between plates. Serve Béarnaise sauce and a lemon wedge on the side.
- SERVES 4
- Energy: 2627 kj / 628 kcal
- Protein: 36.4g
- Carbohydrate: 28.3g
- Fat: 40.4g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe