Indonesian Fried Fish with Sweet Chilli Noodles
Indonesian-style fish with sweet chilli noodles
My Classic food bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Classic food bag on Sunday, December 25, 2016.
INDONESIAN FRIED FISH
- 3 tablespoons kecap manis
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 600g fish fillets
SWEET CHILLI NOODLES
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 spring onions *
- 2 carrots
- 3 baby bok choy
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 400g fresh noodles
- 3 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Bring a full kettle to the boil.
- 1 Pat fish dry with paper towels and remove any remaining scales or bones. In a medium bowl mix together kecap manis and sesame oil. Add fish to kecap manis mixture and toss to coat. Set aside to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- 2 While fish marinates, prepare vegetables. Trim spring onions and cut into 4–5cm lengths; peel carrots, cut in half lengthways and thinly slice; trim bok choy 2cm from end and roughly chop; thinly slice garlic.
- 3 Heat first measure of oil in a large fry-pan on medium-high heat and stir-fry all vegetables for 3–4 minutes, until just tender. Set aside. While vegetables are cooking, place noodles in a heat-proof bowl and pour over boiling water to cover. Loosen strands with a fork and leave to soak for about 2 minutes. Drain.
- 4 Return same pan used to cook vegetables to medium-high heat and heat second measure of oil. Cook noodles for 3–4 minutes, until just starting to colour. Add sweet chilli, fish sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and seeds and stir well to combine. Set aside with cooked vegetables.
- 5 Wipe out pan, heat a further drizzle of oil and cook fish, in batches, for about 2 minutes each side. Set aside and keep warm. Add noodles and vegetables back to pan for 1–2 minutes, until warmed through.
- To serve, Place sweet chilli noodles into bowls and top with Indonesian fried fish.
- SERVES 4-5
- Energy: 1759 kj / 420 kcal
- Protein: 33.3g
- Carbohydrate: 33.3g
- Fat: 17.1g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe