Chicken Salad with Curry Yoghurt Dressing and Roasted Potatoes
A delicious chicken dish perfect for a Summer's evening.
My Classic food bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Classic food bag on Sunday, December 25, 2016.
- 800g potatoes, cut into halves or quarters so they are all roughly the same size
- 1½ teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 650g chicken thighs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons natural yoghurt *
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ iceberg lettuce *
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes *
- ½ telegraph cucumber *
- 2 carrots
CURRY YOGHURT DRESSING
- ¼ cup natural yoghurt *
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ¾ teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sweet chilli sauce
- 2–3 tablespoons torn coriander leaves *
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Preheat BBQ grill or hot plate to medium (if using).
- 1 Toss potatoes, curry powder, sweet chilli sauce and oil on prepared tray and season with salt and pepper. Bake for about 25 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Turn once during cooking.
- 2 Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Combine with lemon zest, yoghurt, olive oil and salt in a shallow dish or bowl and set aside to marinate for at least 5 minutes.
- 3 While potatoes are cooking, prepare the salad. Roughly chop lettuce; cut cherry tomatoes in half; cut cucumber in half lengthways and thinly slice on an angle; peel and grate carrots. Arrange all on a platter or toss together in a large bowl.
- 4 In a small bowl, mix together all curry yoghurt dressing ingredients. When potatoes have about 15 minutes cook time remaining, heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on medium heat.
- 5 Cook chicken for 4–5 minutes each side (depending on thickness), or until cooked through. If chicken browns too quickly reduce heat. Set aside, covered with foil, to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- To serve, Pile salad and roasted potatoes onto plates. Top with chicken slices, drizzle over curry yoghurt dressing and garnish with coriander leaves.
- SERVES 4-5
- Energy: 1973 kj / 472 kcal
- Protein: 34.0g
- Carbohydrate: 33.1g
- Fat: 21.8g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe