Lamb Kofta with Couscous, Salad and Sumac Yoghurt Dressing
Deliciously fragrant lamb koftas with couscous, salad and sumac yoghurt dressing.
My Classic food bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Classic food bag on Sunday, December 25, 2016.
- 600g lamb mince
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lamb kofta mix
- 1½ tablespoons flour
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1½ cups couscous
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes *
- ½ telegraph cucumber *
- 2 spring onions *
- 4–5 radishes
- 3 tablespoons finely sliced mint leaves
- Juice of ½ lemon
SUMAC YOGHURT DRESSING
- 1 cup natural yoghurt *
- 3 tablespoons sliced mint leaves
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 teaspoons sumac (half reserved for serving)
- Preheat BBQ grill or hot plate to medium-high (if using).
- 1 Mix all lamb kofta ingredients together in a large bowl, using clean hands, until well combined. Shape into golf ball-sized balls and drizzle with a little olive oil. Heat a large fry-pan on medium-high heat and cook kofta, in batches, for 6–7 minutes, turning regularly, until golden and cooked through.
- 2 While kofta are cooking, prepare couscous. In a medium pot, bring chicken stock and sumac to the boil. Remove from heat, add couscous and cover with lid. Leave to soak for 5 minutes before fluffing up grains with a fork.
- 3 Prepare salad. Cut cherry tomatoes in half; dice cucumber; thinly slice spring onions and radishes. Place all in a large bowl, along with mint, lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- 4 In a small bowl, mix all sumac yoghurt dressing ingredients together, reserving half the sumac to serve.
- To serve, Spoon couscous, salad and lamb kofta onto each plate. Drizzle sumac yoghurt dressing over kofta and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of sumac.
- SERVES 4-5
- Energy: 2070 kj / 495 kcal
- Protein: 40.5g
- Carbohydrate: 44.1g
- Fat: 17.3g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe