Lamb Kofta with Couscous, Salad and Sumac Yoghurt Dressing
Deliciously fragrant lamb koftas with couscous, salad and sumac yoghurt dressing.
My Classic For 2 Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Classic For 2 Food Bag on Sunday, December 25, 2016.
- 300g lamb mince
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ brown onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons lamb kofta mix
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon sumac
- ¾ cup couscous
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes *
- ½ telegraph cucumber *
- 1 spring onion
- 1–2 tablespoons finely sliced mint leaves
- Juice of ½ lemon
SUMAC YOGHURT DRESSING
- ½ cup natural yoghurt *
- 1–2 tablespoons sliced mint leaves
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- 1 teaspoon sumac (half reserved for serving)
- Preheat BBQ grill or hot plate to medium-high (if using).
- 1 Mix all lamb kofta ingredients together in a medium bowl, using clean hands, until well combined. Shape into golf ball-sized balls and drizzle with a little olive oil. Heat a large fry-pan on medium-high heat and cook kofta for 10–12 minutes, turning regularly, until golden and cooked through.
- 2 While kofta are cooking, prepare couscous. In a small pot, bring chicken stock and sumac to the boil. Remove from heat, add couscous, stir and cover with a lid. Leave to soak for 5 minutes before fluffing up grains with a fork.
- 3 While couscous cooks, prepare salad. Cut cherry tomatoes in half; dice cucumber; thinly slice spring onion. Add all to a large bowl, along with mint, lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- 4 In a small bowl, mix all sumac yoghurt dressing ingredients together, reserving half the measure of sumac to serve.
- To serve, Divide couscous, salad and lamb kofta between plates. Drizzle sumac yoghurt dressing over kofta and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of sumac.
- SERVES 2-3
- Energy: 2116 kj / 506 kcal
- Protein: 39.4g
- Carbohydrate: 49.0g
- Fat: 16.6g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe