Lamb Kofta with Couscous, Salad and Sumac Yoghurt Dressing
Deliciously fragrant lamb koftas with couscous, salad and sumac yoghurt dressing.
My Classic For Two Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Classic For Two Food Bag on 25 December 2016.
- 300g lamb mince
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ brown onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons lamb kofta mix
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon sumac
- ¾ cup couscous
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes *
- ½ telegraph cucumber *
- 1 spring onion
- 1–2 tablespoons finely sliced mint leaves
- Juice of ½ lemon
SUMAC YOGHURT DRESSING
- ½ cup natural yoghurt *
- 1–2 tablespoons sliced mint leaves
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- 1 teaspoon sumac (half reserved for serving)
- Preheat BBQ grill or hot plate to medium-high (if using).
- 1 Mix all lamb kofta ingredients together in a medium bowl, using clean hands, until well combined. Shape into golf ball-sized balls and drizzle with a little olive oil. Heat a large fry-pan on medium-high heat and cook kofta for 10–12 minutes, turning regularly, until golden and cooked through.
- 2 While kofta are cooking, prepare couscous. In a small pot, bring chicken stock and sumac to the boil. Remove from heat, add couscous, stir and cover with a lid. Leave to soak for 5 minutes before fluffing up grains with a fork.
- 3 While couscous cooks, prepare salad. Cut cherry tomatoes in half; dice cucumber; thinly slice spring onion. Add all to a large bowl, along with mint, lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- 4 In a small bowl, mix all sumac yoghurt dressing ingredients together, reserving half the measure of sumac to serve.
- To serve, Divide couscous, salad and lamb kofta between plates. Drizzle sumac yoghurt dressing over kofta and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of sumac.
- SERVES 2-3
- Energy: 2116 kj / 506 kcal
- Protein: 39.4g
- Carbohydrate: 49.0g
- Fat: 16.6g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe