A tasty Italian family favourite!
My Family Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Family Food Bag on 25 December 2016.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 450g beef mince
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- ¼ cup red wine, beef stock or chicken stock
- 70g tomato paste
- 1 can cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken or beef stock
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ bag baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped *
- 400g fresh tagliatelle pasta
- ½ cup grated Edam cheese *
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves and stalks
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- 1 Heat olive oil in a large, deep fry-pan on medium heat and cook mince for about 6 minutes, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon as it cooks, until browned.
- 2 Add onion and carrot to pan with mince and cook for 3–4 minutes, until soft. Pour in red wine/stock and leave to evaporate, about 1 minute.
- 3 Stir in tomato paste, cherry tomatoes, chicken/beef stock, dried oregano and sugar. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes, until sauce has reduced.
- 4 Use hands to separate strands of tagliatelle and cook in pot of boiling water for 4–6 minutes, until just tender. Drain well and return to pot with a drizzle of olive oil to prevent sticking.
- 5 Add spinach to bolognaise sauce, cover and leave to wilt for about 2 minutes. Stir spinach through sauce and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, Divide tagliatelle between bowls and spoon over bolognaise sauce. Sprinkle over cheese and parsley
- SERVES 4-5
- Energy: 2328 kj / 556 kcal
- Protein: 38.5g
- Carbohydrate: 57.1g
- Fat: 18.2g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe