Apple, Chorizo and Mint Pizzas with Yoghurt Sauce
A delicious combination for pizza!
My Express Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Express Food Bag on 8 January 2017.
APPLE, CHORIZO AND MINT PIZZAS
- 1 punnet tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 3 pizza bases
- 2 cups grated Colby cheese
- 300g chorizo grind
- 1 apple, diced 1cm
- 2 tablespoons mint roughly chopped
- 1 carrot
- 1 tomato
- 1 baby cos lettuce
- 1 sachet balsamic dressing
- 1 pottle yoghurt sauce
- Preheat oven to 220oC. Preheat two oven trays (or two pizza stones if you have them).
- 1 In a small bowl, combine tomato paste and tomato sauce and mix well. Lay three sheets of baking paper on bench and place a pizza base on top of each. Evenly divide tomato paste mixture between bases and spread out to cover.
- 2 Sprinkle grated cheese evenly over the bases. Using clean hands, tear away small amounts of chorizo grind and dot over top. Evenly sprinkle over diced apple. Cut 1 pizza base in half.
- 3 Carefully lift up baking paper with pizzas on top and place one and a half pizzas onto each preheated tray, then carefully slide baking paper away (use a fish slice to help with this). Cook for 10–12 minutes, until bases are crispy and golden. Swap trays halfway to ensure even cooking.
- 4 While pizzas are cooking, prepare the salad. Grate carrot; dice tomato 1cm; roughly chop lettuce. Add all to a large bowl with balsamic dressing and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5 Sprinkle mint over pizzas and slice each pizza into 6 pieces.
- To serve, divide salad and slices of pizza between plates. Serve yoghurt sauce on the side, or drizzle over pizza and salad.
- SERVES 4
- Energy: 2875 kj / 687 kcal
- Protein: 30.3g
- Carbohydrate: 50.3g
- Fat: 40.0g
- Pantry staple