BBQ Lamb Steaks with Potato Salad and Garlic Courgettes
Fire up the BBQ to cook these delicious lamb steaks
My Family Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Family Food Bag on 8 January 2017.
- 600g potatoes, diced 3cm
- 1 spring onion (optional, adults)
- 1 capsicum
- 1 corn cob, husk and silk removed
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1 courgette
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
BBQ LAMB STEAKS
- 550g lamb leg steaks (at room temperature)
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Preheat BBQ hot plate or grill to medium-high (if using).
- 1 Cook potatoes in pot of boiling water for 12–15 minutes. Drain, keep warm and set aside. Thinly slice spring onion (if using); remove core and seeds from capsicum and dice 1cm; cut courgette in half lengthways and slice 1cm; stand corn cob on its end and use a knife to slice down to remove kernels. Set all aside.
- 2 Pat lamb dry with paper towels. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on medium-high heat. Cook lamb for 2–3 minutes each side for medium-rare (depending on thickness), or until cooked to your liking.
- 3 Remove pan from heat, add BBQ sauce to coat lamb, tossing for 10–20 seconds. Set aside, covered, to rest for 5 minutes before slicing thinly against the grain.
- 4 Wipe out same pan with a paper towel. Heat butter on medium heat and cook courgette for 1–2 minutes, until bright green and tender. Add garlic, toss to coat and cook a further minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5 In a large bowl mix mayonnaise with mustard. Toss cooked potatoes with mayonnaise mustard mix, spring onion, corn and capsicum and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, place slices of BBQ lamb onto plates with potato salad. Serve garlic courgettes on the side.
- SERVES 4-5
- Energy: 2069 kj / 495 kcal
- Protein: 27.7g
- Carbohydrate: 27.6g
- Fat: 29.9g
- Pantry staple