Artichoke and Ricotta Pansotti with Salsa Verde
A super quick and easy meal to enjoy
My Classic For Two Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Classic For Two Food Bag on 8 January 2017.
- 1–2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- Juice of ½ lemon (zest reserved) *
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 apple
- ½ cos lettuce *
- ¼ red onion
ARTICHOKE AND RICOTTA PANSOTTI
- ¼ red onion, diced 1cm
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 20g chopped walnuts
- Zest of ½ lemon *
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes, cut in half *
- 1 courgette, thinly sliced
- 200g artichoke and ricotta pansotti
- 50g salsa verde
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to the boil.
- 1 Prepare apple salad. In a large bowl, mix together mustard, lemon juice and ricotta. Remove core from apple, quarter then thinly slice; tear lettuce leaves into 3–4 pieces; thinly slice first measure of red onion. Set aside.
- 2 Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium fry-pan on medium heat. Cook second measure of red onion for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- 3 Add butter, walnuts, lemon zest, cherry tomatoes and courgette to pan with onion and cook a further 2–3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until courgette is just tender. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- 4 While sauce is cooking, cook pansotti in pot of boiling salted water (water should be at a rolling boil to avoid filling bursting) for 2–3 minutes, until just tender. Drain and add pansotti to cooked vegetable sauce. Toss to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5 Toss apple, lettuce and onion with ricotta mixture just before serving and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, divide artichoke and ricotta pansotti between plates and drizzle with salsa verde. Serve apple salad on the side.
- SERVES 2-3
- Energy: 2342 kj / 560 kcal
- Protein: 15.9g
- Carbohydrate: 32.9g
- Fat: 39.7g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe