Cheesy Beef Patties with Thyme Potato Smash and Spinach Salad
Fun beef patties with tasty sour cream spuds!
My Express Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Express Food Bag on Sunday, December 25, 2016.
THYME POTATO SMASH
- 1 bag peeled and diced potatoes, any liquid drained
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2–3 teaspoons chopped thyme leaves
CHEESY BEEF PATTIES
- 1 pack beef patties
- ½ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1 capsicum
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes *
- ½ bag baby spinach leaves *
- ½–1 sachet balsamic salad dressing
- Preheat oven to grill. Bring a full kettle of water to the boil. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Preheat BBQ hot plate to medium (if using).
- 1 Place potatoes and salt in a medium pot on high heat and cover with boiling water. Cook for 12–15 minutes, until soft. Drain and return to pot with butter, and thyme. Roughly smash with a fork.
- 2 Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry pan on medium-high heat. Cook beef patties for 1–2 minutes each side, until cooked through. Transfer to prepared baking tray and sprinkle cheese over each patty. Grill for about 3 minutes until the cheese is golden brown, checking regularly to avoid burning.
- 3 While patties are cooking, prepare spinach salad. Remove core and seeds from capsicum and dice 1–2cm. Place diced capsicum in a large bowl, along with cherry tomatoes, spinach leaves and balsamic dressing. Toss to combine.
- To serve, Divide thyme potato smash and spinach salad between plates and serve cheesy beef patties on the side.
- SERVES 4
- Energy: 2358 kj / 564 kcal
- Protein: 33.7g
- Carbohydrate: 27.2g
- Fat: 35.3g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe