Chicken and Mango Sausages with Coconut Rice and Thai Salad
This dish has a tasty fruit twist that will pleasantly surprise!
My Express Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Express Food Bag on Sunday, December 25, 2016.
- 1½ cups boiling water
- 1 can coconut cream (shake well before opening)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups jasmine rice
- 1 pack sugar snap peas
- ½ iceberg lettuce *
- 1 carrot
- ½ telegraph cucumber *
- 1 teaspoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
CHICKEN AND MANGO SAUSAGES
- 10 chicken and mango sausages
- 80g mango sauce
- Bring a full kettle to the boil. Heat BBQ hot plate or grill to medium (if using).
- 1 Add boiling water, coconut cream and salt to a medium pot and bring to the boil with a tight-fitting lid. Add rice, stir and return lid. Reduce to lowest heat to cook for 15 minutes. Turn off heat and leave to steam, still covered, for a further 10 minutes. Do not lift lid during cooking.
- 2 Place sugar snap peas in a large, heat-proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 1–2 minutes, until bright green and tender. Drain, refresh under cold water then drain again.
- 3 Thinly slice lettuce; grate carrot; cut cucumber in half lengthways and thinly slice. Add all to bowl with drained sugar snap peas, along with all remaining Thai salad ingredients. Toss to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4 Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on medium heat. Cook chicken and mango sausages for 8–10 minutes, or until cooked through. Turn often to ensure even cooking.
- To serve, Spoon ¾ cup of coconut rice onto each plate and top with a few chicken and mango sausages. Drizzle over mango sauce and serve Thai salad on the side.
- SERVES 4
- Energy: 2678 kj / 640 kcal
- Protein: 28.0g
- Carbohydrate: 65.7g
- Fat: 29.1g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe