Super Quick Summer Fish
A light and easy fish recipe for your summer night!
My Express Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Express Food Bag on Sunday, December 25, 2016.
- 1 pack pearl couscous
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 450g fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons red pepper pesto
- Remaining red pepper pesto
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes *
- 1 capsicum
- 70g pitted green olives (optional, adults)
- ½ bag baby spinach leaves *
- 1 courgette
- ½ lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Bring a full kettle to the boil. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 1 Pour boiling water into a medium pot and bring to the boil with the lid on. Add pearl couscous and salt and cook for 12–14 minutes, until just tender. Drain well and return to pot with a drizzle of olive oil to prevent sticking.
- 2 Pat fish dry with paper towels and remove any remaining scales or bones. Place on prepared tray and season with salt and pepper. Spread first measure of red pepper pesto evenly over fish. Bake for 6–8 minutes, until just cooked through.
- 3 While fish cooks, prepare salad. In a large bowl, mix together remaining red pepper pesto, mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- 4 Cut cherry tomatoes in half; remove core and seeds from capsicum and dice 2cm; roughly chop olives (if using); roughly chop baby spinach leaves; grate courgette. Add to bowl with dressing and set aside.
- 5 Add cooked and drained couscous to salad and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, Divide pearl couscous salad between plates and top with a piece of summer fish. Serve a lemon wedge on the side.
- SERVES 4
- Energy: 2384 kj / 570 kcal
- Protein: 35.6g
- Carbohydrate: 65.0g
- Fat: 18.5g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe