Grilled Fish with Cherry Tomatoes
A quick and fresh fish recipe to start your week!
My Own Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Own Food Bag on 15 January 2017.
- ¼ cup pearl couscous
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 tomato
- ¼ red onion
- ½ courgette
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon picked thyme leaves
- Zest of ½ lemon *
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- 150g fish fillet
- Zest of ½ lemon *
- ½ lemon, cut into wedges *
- Preheat oven grill to high. Bring a small pot of salted water to the boil. Line a small oven dish with baking paper (measuring about 26 x 26cm).
- 1 Cook pearl couscous in pot of boiling water for about 6 minutes, until just tender. Drain well and return to pot with a drizzle of olive oil to prevent sticking.
- 2 While couscous cooks, prepare the rest of the cherry tomatoes. Cut cherry tomatoes in half lengthways and very finely slice tomato, red onion, courgette and garlic. Toss all together in prepared oven dish, along with thyme, lemon zest and a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3 Grill cherry tomato mix (on middle rack of oven) for 10–12 minutes, until tender, juicy and tomatoes are slightly blistered. Turn halfway through cooking. Pat fish dry with paper towels and remove any remaining scales or bones. Cut any larger fillets in half and season with salt.
- 4 Remove dish with tomatoes from oven and place fish on top. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle over second measure of lemon zest. Return to middle rack of oven to grill for 4–5 minutes, until fish is cooked through. Remove fish and set aside.
- 5 Add couscous and parsley to grilled cherry tomatoes and gently toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, Spoon cherry tomatoes with couscous onto a plate and top with grilled fish. Serve a lemon wedge on the side for squeezing.
- SERVES 1
- Energy: 1861 kj / 445 kcal
- Protein: 42.6g
- Carbohydrate: 57.8g
- Fat: 3.7g
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe