Pan-Fried Salmon with Spinach Salad
Delicious crispy salmon!
My Classic food bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Classic food bag on Sunday, January 1, 2017.
- 800g potatoes, scrubbed
- 150g green beans *
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes *
- ½ telegraph cucumber *
- ½ bag baby spinach leaves *
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2–3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 600g salmon fillets, cut into 4–5 pieces
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Preheat BBQ hot plate to high (if using).
- 1 Cut potatoes into halves or quarters, so they are all roughly the same size. Cook in pot of boiling water for 12–15 minutes, until tender. Trim ends off green beans and cut in half. Add beans to pot with potatoes for the last 1–2 minutes of cook time.
- 2 While potatoes cook, prepare the rest of the meal. Cut cherry tomatoes in half and cut cucumber in half lengthways then thinly slice. In a small bowl, mix all dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- 3 Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on medium-high heat. Pat salmon dry with paper towels, remove any remaining scales or pin bones and season with salt.
- 4 Cook salmon, skin-side-down, for 2–3 minutes, until skin is crispy. Flip and cook a further 1–2 minutes for medium-rare (depending on thickness), or until cooked to your liking.
- 5 Drain potatoes and beans and toss with all remaining spinach salad ingredients and dressing in a large bowl.
- To serve, Divide spinach salad and pan-fried salmon between plates
- SERVES 4-5
- Energy: 2721 kj / 650 kcal
- Protein: 30.1g
- Carbohydrate: 32.0g
- Fat: 44.3g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe