Pan-Fried Salmon with Spinach Salad
Delicious crispy salmon!
My Classic For Two Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Classic For Two Food Bag on Sunday, January 1, 2017.
- 400g potatoes, scrubbed
- 100g green beans *
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes
- ½ bag baby spinach leaves *
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1–2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 300g salmon fillet, cut into 2–3 pieces
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to the boil. Preheat BBQ hot plate to high (if using).
- 1 Cut potatoes into halves or quarters, so they are all roughly the same size. Cook in pot of boiling water for about 15 minutes, until tender. Trim ends off green beans and cut in half. Add beans to pot with potatoes for the last 1–2 minutes of cook time. Drain well and set aside.
- 2 While potatoes cook, prepare the rest of the meal. In a small bowl, mix all dressing ingredients together. Cut cherry tomatoes in half, add to the dressing and set aside.
- 3 Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium fry-pan on medium-high heat. Pat salmon dry with paper towels, remove any remaining scales or pin bones and season with salt.
- 4 Cook salmon, skin-side-down, for 2–3 minutes, until skin is crispy. Flip salmon over and cook a further 1–2 minutes for medium-rare (depending on thickness), or until cooked to your liking.
- 5 Add potatoes, beans and spinach to bowl with dressing and mix to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, Divide spinach salad between plates and top with pan-fried salmon.
- SERVES 2-3
- Energy: 2502 kj / 598 kcal
- Protein: 27.1g
- Carbohydrate: 29.1g
- Fat: 41.1g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe