Cajun Chicken with Roast Vegetables and Croutons
This packs a flavour punch and is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
My Classic For 2 Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Classic For 2 Food Bag on Sunday, January 1, 2017.
- 250g peeled pumpkin, diced 3cm
- ½ red onion, halved, root left intact and cut into 2cm wedges
- ¼ head cauliflower, cut into small florets until you have 1½ cups worth
- ½ bag baby spinach leaves *
- 1 Turkish loaf
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- ½ tablespoon cornflour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 300g chicken breast
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Preheat BBQ hot plate to high (if using).
- 1 Toss pumpkin and onion with a drizzle of olive oil on prepared tray. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 15 minutes. Add cauliflower and roast a further 15 minutwes, until vegetables are tender and cooked through.
- 2 Dice Turkish bread 2cm and toss with olive oil in a small bowl. When roast vegetables have 5 minutes cook time remaining, scatter over croutons and roast until croutons are crispy and golden and vegetables are tender.
- 3 While vegetables are roasting, prepare the rest of the meal. In a medium bowl, mix together Cajun seasoning, cornflour and salt. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and slice lengthways into 2cm wide strips. Add chicken to Cajun mix and toss to coat well.
- 4 Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on a medium heat. Cook chicken for 2–3 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through. Set aside, covered with foil, to rest for 2–3 minutes.
- 5 Add spinach to roast vegetables and croutons and toss to combine on tray. In a small bowl, mix together all aioli ingredients.
- To serve, Divide roast vegetables and croutons between plates and top with Cajun chicken. Drizzle over aioli.
- SERVES 2-3
- Energy: 2289 kj / 547 kcal
- Protein: 34.5g
- Carbohydrate: 33.4g
- Fat: 30.0g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe