Spinach Spaghetti with Bacon and Broccoli
Delicious bacon spaghetti!
My Classic For Two Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Classic For Two Food Bag on Sunday, January 1, 2017.
SPINACH SPAGHETTI WITH BACON AND BROCCOLI
- ½ brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 150g smoked, minced bacon
- ½ punnet white button mushrooms, thinly sliced *
- 1–2 tablespoons chopped thyme leaves
- ¼ cup vegetable or chicken stock or water
- 200g fresh spinach spaghetti
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to the boil.
- 1 Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large fry-pan on medium-high heat. Cook onions, garlic and bacon for 6–7 minutes, until starting to colour.
- 2 Add mushrooms and thyme and cook a further 2–3 minutes, until mushrooms are tender. Add stock/water and cook for about 1 minute, until water has evaporated. Rub the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to remove any brownings.
- 3 While mushrooms are cooking, shake spaghetti to separate strands and add to pot of boiling water to cook for about 4 minutes, until just tender. When pasta has 1 minute of cook time remaining, add broccoli.
- 4 Reserve ¼ cup of pasta cooking water then drain spaghetti and broccoli. Return both to pot with a drizzle of oil to prevent sticking.
- 5 Reduce heat to low for bacon and mushroom mix, add sour cream and reserved pasta water and cook for 1–2 minutes, until thickened and warmed through. Add drained spaghetti and broccoli and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- To serve, Divide spinach spaghetti with bacon and broccoli between plates and garnish with Parmesan cheese.
- SERVES 2-3
- Energy: 2540 kj / 607 kcal
- Protein: 30.6g
- Carbohydrate: 49.2g
- Fat: 31.6g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe