Steak Fingers with Chippies and Bearnaise Sauce
A classic Kiwi steak and chip dish that will please everyone in the family!
My Family Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Family Food Bag on Sunday, January 1, 2017.
- 600g potatoes, scrubbed *
- 550g beef rump steaks, cut into fingers (at room temperature)
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 100g Béarnaise sauce (optional, adults)
- Tomato sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Preheat BBQ grill or hot plate to medium-high (if using).
- 1 Cut potatoes into long, 1–2cm-thick chips. Toss with olive oil on prepared tray, season with salt and bake for 25–35 minutes, until golden and crispy. Turn once during cooking.
- 2 When potatoes have about 10 minutes cook time remaining, heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on a medium-high heat.
- 3 Cook steak fingers, in batches (do not overcrowd the pan), for about 1 minute each side for medium rare, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from pan and cover with foil to rest for 5 minutes.
- 4 Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add peas and broccoli to pot of boiling water and cook for 2–3 minutes, until bright green and tender
- 5 Gently heat Béarnaise sauce in small pot on a low heat (if desired).
- To serve, Place chippies, steak fingers and greens onto each plate. Spoon Béarnaise sauce over steak (if using).
- SERVES 4-5
- Energy: 1987 kj / 475 kcal
- Protein: 37.6g
- Carbohydrate: 25.5g
- Fat: 23.8g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe