Steak Fingers with Chippies and Bearnaise Sauce
A classic Kiwi steak and chip dish that will please everyone in the family!
My Family Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Family Food Bag on 1 January 2017.
- 600g potatoes, scrubbed *
- 550g beef rump steaks, cut into fingers (at room temperature)
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 100g Béarnaise sauce (optional, adults)
- Tomato sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Preheat BBQ grill or hot plate to medium-high (if using).
- 1 Cut potatoes into long, 1–2cm-thick chips. Toss with olive oil on prepared tray, season with salt and bake for 25–35 minutes, until golden and crispy. Turn once during cooking.
- 2 When potatoes have about 10 minutes cook time remaining, heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on a medium-high heat.
- 3 Cook steak fingers, in batches (do not overcrowd the pan), for about 1 minute each side for medium rare, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from pan and cover with foil to rest for 5 minutes.
- 4 Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add peas and broccoli to pot of boiling water and cook for 2–3 minutes, until bright green and tender
- 5 Gently heat Béarnaise sauce in small pot on a low heat (if desired).
- To serve, Place chippies, steak fingers and greens onto each plate. Spoon Béarnaise sauce over steak (if using).
- SERVES 4-5
- Energy: 1987 kj / 475 kcal
- Protein: 37.6g
- Carbohydrate: 25.5g
- Fat: 23.8g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe