Roast Pumpkin and Bacon Pizzas with Salad
A delicious and quick and easy pizza!
My Family Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Family Food Bag on Sunday, January 1, 2017.
ROAST PUMPKIN AND BACON PIZZAS
- 200g peeled pumpkin, diced 1cm
- 2 pizza bases
- 70g tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup grated Colby cheese
- 200g minced bacon
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- ¼ red onion (optional, adults) *
- 1 tomato
- ½ telegraph cucumber *
- ½ iceberg lettuce *
- ¼ red onion *
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Preheat an oven tray. Line a second oven tray with baking paper.
- 1 Toss pumpkin with a drizzle of oil and season with salt and pepper on tray prepared with baking paper. Roast for 10 minutes.
- 2 While pumpkin roasts, lay 2 sheets of baking paper on the bench. Place a pizza base on each of the sheets of baking paper. In a small bowl mix tomato paste and oil together and evenly spread over each base.
- 3 Sprinkle over cheese and scatter over bacon mince. Using a teaspoon, scoop 1cm chunks of cream cheese and evenly dot over pizzas. Thinly slice red onion (if using). Scatter roasted pumpkin and red onion over pizzas and season with salt and pepper.
- 4 Carefully lift up baking paper with pizzas on top and place one on pre-heated tray and one on tray used to roast pumpkin. Carefully slide baking paper away. Cook pizzas for 12–14 minutes, until bases are crispy and golden around the edges. Swap trays halfway through cooking. Season.
- 5 While pizzas are cooking, make the salad. Dice tomato and cucumber 2cm and thinly slice lettuce and red onion (if using). Place all into a large bowl and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, Slice pizzas and divide between plates. Serve salad on the side.
- SERVES 4-5
- Energy: 2771 kj / 662 kcal
- Protein: 23.0g
- Carbohydrate: 52.8g
- Fat: 39.0g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe