Spinach Spaghetti with Bacon and Broccoli
Delicious bacon spaghetti!
My Own Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Own Food Bag on Sunday, January 1, 2017.
SPINACH SPAGHETTI WITH BACON AND BROCCOLI
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 rashers streaky bacon, diced *
- ½ punnet Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced *
- ½ cup vegetable stock, chicken stock or water
- 200g fresh spinach spaghetti
- ¾ head broccoli, stalks and florets finely chopped *
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1/3 bag baby spinach leaves *
- 2 tablespoons picked basil leaves *
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 lemon wedges *
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- 1 Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on medium-high heat. Cook shallot, garlic and bacon for 6–7 minutes, until starting to colour. Add mushrooms and cook a further 2–3 minutes, gradually adding stock/water and using a wooden spoon to unstick any browning veggies from the bottom of the pan.
- 2 While veggies are browning, shake spaghetti to separate strands and cook pasta in pot of boiling waterfor about 3 minutes, until just tender. When pasta has 1 minute cook time remaining, add broccoli.
- 3 Reserve ¼ cup of pasta cooking water then drain spaghetti and broccoli. Return both to pot with a drizzle of olive oil to prevent sticking.
- 4 Stir reserved pasta water and sour cream through vegetables and bacon and simmer for about 1 minute, until sauce is smooth. Stir through spinach and allow to wilt.
- 5 Remove sauce from heat, add spaghetti and broccoli to sauce and gently toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
- To serve, Divide spinach spaghetti between plates and top with basil and pine nuts. Serve lemon wedge on side to squeeze over just before serving.
- SERVES 2
- Energy: 2658 kj / 635 kcal
- Protein: 33.3g
- Carbohydrate: 59.2g
- Fat: 27.3g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe