Super Fast Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli
Pasta should still have a slight bite to it when cooked, this is called 'al dente'.
My Express Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Express Food Bag on 1 January 2017.
SPINACH AND RICOTTA RAVIOLI
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 courgette, diced 1cm
- ½ bunch broccolini *
- 500g pouch tomato Neapolitan sauce
- 400g spinach and ricotta ravioli
- ½ bag baby spinach leaves *
- 1 pottle sour cream
- 2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- 1 Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on medium-high heat. Cook onion for 1–2 minutes, until starting to soften and lightly colour. Add courgette and broccolini and cook a further 2 minutes, until starting to soften.
- 2 Add tomato Neapolitan sauce and season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 3 minutes, until thickened slightly.
- 3 While pasta sauce simmers, cook ravioli in pot of boiling water (water should be on a rolling boil to avoid filling bursting), for 2–3 minutes, until just tender
- 4 Drain pasta and carefully add to pasta sauce, along with baby spinach. Gently toss to combine and cook a further 1 minute, until spinach has wilted. Gently stir through sour cream, until well combined. Remove from heat.
- To serve, Divide spinach and ricotta ravioli with creamy Neapolitan sauce between bowls or plates. Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds and chopped basil.
- SERVES 4
- Energy: 1859 kj / 444 kcal
- Protein: 17.5g
- Carbohydrate: 44.8g
- Fat: 21.8g
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe