Super Fast Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli
Pasta should still have a slight bite to it when cooked, this is called 'al dente'.
My Express Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Express Food Bag on Sunday, January 1, 2017.
SPINACH AND RICOTTA RAVIOLI
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 courgette, diced 1cm
- ½ bunch broccolini *
- 500g pouch tomato Neapolitan sauce
- 400g spinach and ricotta ravioli
- ½ bag baby spinach leaves *
- 1 pottle sour cream
- 2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- 1 Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on medium-high heat. Cook onion for 1–2 minutes, until starting to soften and lightly colour. Add courgette and broccolini and cook a further 2 minutes, until starting to soften.
- 2 Add tomato Neapolitan sauce and season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 3 minutes, until thickened slightly.
- 3 While pasta sauce simmers, cook ravioli in pot of boiling water (water should be on a rolling boil to avoid filling bursting), for 2–3 minutes, until just tender
- 4 Drain pasta and carefully add to pasta sauce, along with baby spinach. Gently toss to combine and cook a further 1 minute, until spinach has wilted. Gently stir through sour cream, until well combined. Remove from heat.
- To serve, Divide spinach and ricotta ravioli with creamy Neapolitan sauce between bowls or plates. Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds and chopped basil.
- SERVES 4
- Energy: 1859 kj / 444 kcal
- Protein: 17.5g
- Carbohydrate: 44.8g
- Fat: 21.8g
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe