Chicken Tenders with Stir-Fry Veggies and Asian BBQ Sauce
A tasty chicken tender recipe that'll be a new family fave!
My Express Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Express Food Bag on 1 January 2017.
- 2¼ cups boiling water
- 1½ cups jasmine rice
- ½ bunch broccolini *
- 1 capsicum
- 150g snow peas
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon mild sweet chilli sauce
- 550g chicken tenders
- 3 tablespoons Asian BBQ sauce
- Remaining Asian BBQ sauce
- 30g crispy shallots
- Bring a full kettle to the boil. Preheat BBQ hot plate to medium (if using).
- 1 Add boiling water and a pinch of salt to a medium pot and bring to the boil with a tight-fitting lid. Add rice, stir and return lid. Reduce to lowest heat to cook for 12 minutes. Turn off heat and leave to steam, still covered, for a further 8 minutes. Do not lift lid during cooking.
- 2 While rice cooks, prepare veggies. Cut any larger pieces of broccolini in half lengthways; remove core and seeds from capsicum and thinly slice; trim ends from snow peas. Set aside.
- 3 Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on medium-high heat. Cook for 2–3 minutes each side, pressing down slightly on the ends to ensure even cooking, until browned and cooked through.
- 4 Add first measure of Asian BBQ sauce to pan and turn chicken to coat. Remove from pan and set aside on a plate, covered with foil, to rest.
- 5 Return pan to a medium heat with a drizzle of oil. Stir-fry broccolini for 2 minutes, then add capsicum, snow peas, water, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce. Stir-fry a further 2–3 minutes, until all veggies are tender.
- To serve, Spoon ¾ cup of cooked rice per person onto plates and top with stirfry veggies and chicken tenders. Drizzle over remaining Asian BBQ sauce and sprinkle with crispy shallots.
- SERVES 4
- Energy: 1950 kj / 466 kcal
- Protein: 36.5g
- Carbohydrate: 54.3g
- Fat: 10.8g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe