Greek Lamb Lettuce Cups with Pumpkin Bites
If you find lettuce cups too messy, roughly chop lettuce and build a salad on a large plate or platter.
My Express Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Express Food Bag on 1 January 2017.
- 1 bag peeled pumpkin, diced 2cm
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice mix
- 50g feta cheese *
GREEK LAMB LETTUCE CUPS
- 1 brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons Greek spice mix
- 450g lamb mince
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tomato
- ½ telegraph cucumber *
- 1 capsicum
- 1 sachet honey mustard dressing
- 1 baby cos lettuce
- 1 pottle mint yoghurt
- 70g olives (optional, adults)
- Preheat oven to 230°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 1 Toss pumpkin with a drizzle of oil and pumpkin spice mix on prepared tray. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 20–25 minutes, until tender and caramelised. Turn once during cooking.
- 2 While pumpkin cooks, heat a medium fry-pan on medium-high heat. Finely dice onion and roughly chop garlic. Add both to pan with Greek spice mix and cook for 3–4 minutes, until starting to soften.
- 3 Add lamb mince and cook for 5–6 minutes, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon as it cooks, until browned. Add salt and tomato sauce and cook a further 2–3 minutes, until lamb is cooked through. Season to taste with pepper.
- 4 While mince cooks, dice tomato and cucumber 2cm. Remove core and seeds from capsicum and dice 2cm. Toss veggies in a bowl with honey mustard dressing and season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 5 Separate lettuce leaves and set aside. When pumpkin bites have finished cooking, crumble over feta cheese.
- To serve, Place everything in the middle of the table and let everyone make their own lettuce cups. Drizzle with mint yoghurt and scatter olives over lettuce cups (if using). Serve pumpkin bites on the side.
- SERVES 4
- Energy: 1885 kj / 451 kcal
- Protein: 29.8g
- Carbohydrate: 21.6g
- Fat: 36.4g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe