Artichoke and Ricotta Pansotti with Salsa Verde
Artichoke and Ricotta Pansotti with Salsa Verde.
My Classic food bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Classic food bag on Sunday, January 8, 2017.
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- Juice of ½ lemon (zest reserved)
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 apple
- ½ cos lettuce *
- ¼ red onion
ARTICHOKE AND RICOTTA PANSOTTI
- ¾ red onion, diced 1cm
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes, halved *
- 1 courgette, thinly sliced
- 450g artichoke and ricotta pansotti
- 100g salsa verde
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- 1 Prepare apple salad. In a small bowl, mix together mustard, lemon juice and ricotta. Quarter apple, discard core and thinly slice; tear lettuce leaves into 3–4 pieces; thinly slice first measure of red onion. Set all aside in a large bowl.
- 2 Heat a drizzle of oil in a large frypan on medium heat and cook second measure of red onion for 3–4 minutes, until softened.
- 3 Add butter, walnuts, lemon zest, tomatoes and courgette and cook a further 1–2 minutes, until courgettes are just tender. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- 4 While veggies are cooking, cook pansotti in pot of boiling water (water should be at a rolling boil to avoid filling bursting) for 2–3 minutes, until just tender. Drain and add pansotti to cooked veggies. Toss to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5 Just before serving, toss apple, lettuce and onion with ricotta mixture and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, Divide artichoke and ricotta pansotti between plates and drizzle with salsa verde. Serve apple salad on the side.
- SERVES 4-5
- Energy: 2214 kj / 529 kcal
- Protein: 14.2g
- Carbohydrate: 33.5g
- Fat: 37.1g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe