Artichoke and Ricotta Pansotti with Salsa Verde
Artichoke and Ricotta Pansotti with Salsa Verde.
My Classic Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Classic Food Bag on 8 January 2017.
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- Juice of ½ lemon (zest reserved)
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 apple
- ½ cos lettuce *
- ¼ red onion
ARTICHOKE AND RICOTTA PANSOTTI
- ¾ red onion, diced 1cm
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes, halved *
- 1 courgette, thinly sliced
- 450g artichoke and ricotta pansotti
- 100g salsa verde
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- 1 Prepare apple salad. In a small bowl, mix together mustard, lemon juice and ricotta. Quarter apple, discard core and thinly slice; tear lettuce leaves into 3–4 pieces; thinly slice first measure of red onion. Set all aside in a large bowl.
- 2 Heat a drizzle of oil in a large frypan on medium heat and cook second measure of red onion for 3–4 minutes, until softened.
- 3 Add butter, walnuts, lemon zest, tomatoes and courgette and cook a further 1–2 minutes, until courgettes are just tender. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- 4 While veggies are cooking, cook pansotti in pot of boiling water (water should be at a rolling boil to avoid filling bursting) for 2–3 minutes, until just tender. Drain and add pansotti to cooked veggies. Toss to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5 Just before serving, toss apple, lettuce and onion with ricotta mixture and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, Divide artichoke and ricotta pansotti between plates and drizzle with salsa verde. Serve apple salad on the side.
- SERVES 4-5
- Energy: 2214 kj / 529 kcal
- Protein: 14.2g
- Carbohydrate: 33.5g
- Fat: 37.1g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe