Grilled Chicken with Bulgur, Vegetables and Pumpkin Chutney
Beautiful marinated chicken thigh pan fried, combined with bulgur, vegetables and a sweet and tangy pumpkin chutney.
My Own Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Own Food Bag on 8 January 2017.
- ¼ cup bulgur wheat
- ½ head broccoli, cut into small florets and stalk finely diced *
- 50g snow peas, tips and stringy end removed *
- 1 tablespoon currants
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves *
- 150g chicken thigh
- 1 teaspoon grilled chicken spice mix
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin chutney
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley leaves *
- Bring a small pot of salted water to the boil. Bring a half full kettle to the boil. Preheat BBQ hot plate or grill to high (if using).
- 1 Place bulgur in a small, heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and leave to cook for about 15 minutes, until grains are tender then drain well.
- 2 Pat chicken dry with paper towels and place on a small plate. Toss with a drizzle of olive oil and grilled chicken spice mix. Set aside to marinate at room temperature for a few minutes.
- 3 Cook broccoli in pot of boiling water for 2–3 minutes then add snow peas and cook a further 30 seconds, until vegetables are bright green and still crunchy.
- 4 While bulgur and vegetables are cooking, heat a drizzle of oil in a small fry-pan on medium heat and cook chicken for 4–5 minutes each side, until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from pan and cover with foil to rest for 2–3 minutes before slicing.
- 5 In a small bowl mix pumpkin chutney, mayonnaise and half the second measure of parsley together well. In a medium bowl combine cooked bulgur, cooked vegetables, currants and first measure of parsley. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, Place bulgur and vegetables onto a plate and top with grilled chicken. Spoon over pumpkin chutney and sprinkle with reserved parsley.
- SERVES 1
- Energy: 2094 kj / 500 kcal
- Protein: 41.5g
- Carbohydrate: 38.5g
- Fat: 16.7g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe