Crispy-Skinned Salmon with Crushed Feta Potatoes
Mouth-watering crispy-skinned salmon with flavour-packed feta potatoes!
My Express Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Express Food Bag on Sunday, January 8, 2017.
CRUSHED FETA POTATOES
- 1 bag baby potatoes, cut into halves or quarters until they are roughly the same size
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pottle mustard mayonnaise
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ bag baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 500g salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
BEAN AND COURGETTE STICKS
- 1 pack green beans
- 1 courgette
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges (optional, adults
- Bring a full kettle to the boil.
- 1 Add potatoes, salt and boiling water to a medium pot and bring to the boil with the lid on. Cook for 15-20 minutes, until soft. Drain, return to pot and cover to keep warm. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on mediumhigh heat.
- 2 Pat salmon dry, remove any remaining scales or pin bones and season with salt and pepper. Cook salmon, skin-side-down, for 2–3 minutes, until skin is crispy. Flip and cook a further 1–2 minutes for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Set aside, skin-side-up, to rest.
- 3 While salmon is cooking, trim ends from beans and cut courgette in half lengthways then into 1cm-thick sticks. Set both aside.
- 4 Wipe pan clean with paper towels and return pan to a high heat. Cook beans, courgette and water for 1–2 minutes, tossing regularly, until just tender but still a little crunchy. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5 Gently crush potatoes with a fork, then fold through remaining crushed feta potato ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, Divide crushed feta potatoes and bean and courgette sticks between plates. Top with a piece of crispyskinned salmon and serve a lemon wedge on the side for squeezing (if using).
- SERVES 4
- Energy: 2278 kj / 544 kcal
- Protein: 35.2g
- Carbohydrate: 26.1g
- Fat: 32.8g
- Pantry staple