Sumac Lamb with Roast Pumpkin and Broccoli Couscous
Beautiful tender lamb with honey mustard sauce.
My Express Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Express Food Bag on 8 January 2017.
ROAST PUMPKIN AND BROCCOLI COUSCOUS
- 1 bag peeled pumpkin, diced 2cm
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 pack couscous
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 head broccoli, roughly chopped into small pieces
- 1 courgette
- ¾ sachet honey mustard dressing
- 550g lamb rump steaks (at room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons sumac
HONEY AND MUSTARD SAUCE
- Remaining honey mustard dressing
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (e.g. white wine, red wine)
- Preheat oven to 230°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Bring a full kettle to the boil. Preheat BBQ grill to medium (if using).
- 1 Toss pumpkin on prepared tray with a drizzle of oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15–18 minutes, until tender and caramelised. Turn once during cooking.
- 2 Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on medium-high heat. Pat lamb dry, season with salt then toss in a bowl with sumac to coat. Cook lamb for about 2 minutes each side for mediumrare (depending on thickness), or until cooked to your liking. Cover with foil and rest for about 5 minutes.
- 3 While lamb is cooking, bring stock to the boil in a medium pot on high heat with the lid on. Once boiling turn off heat, add couscous, oil and salt. Stir, cover and leave for 5 minutes, then fluff up grains with a fork. Place broccoli in a large, heat-proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Cover, leave for 4 minutes then drain and return to bowl.
- 4 While couscous is cooking, grate courgette. Add cooked couscous, roasted pumpkin, courgette and dressing to bowl with drained broccoli. Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- 5 Mix remaining honey mustard dressing, mayonnaise and vinegar together in a small bowl. Slice lamb thickly against the grain.
- To serve, Spoon roast pumpkin and broccoli couscous onto plates and top with sumac lamb. Drizzle over honey and mustard sauce.
- SERVES 4
- Energy: 2631 kj / 629 kcal
- Protein: 36.8g
- Carbohydrate: 33.8g
- Fat: 38.5g
- Pantry staple