Sumac Lamb with Roast Pumpkin and Broccoli Couscous
Beautiful tender lamb with honey mustard sauce.
My Express Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Express Food Bag on Sunday, January 8, 2017.
ROAST PUMPKIN AND BROCCOLI COUSCOUS
- 1 bag peeled pumpkin, diced 2cm
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 pack couscous
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 head broccoli, roughly chopped into small pieces
- 1 courgette
- ¾ sachet honey mustard dressing
- 550g lamb rump steaks (at room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons sumac
HONEY AND MUSTARD SAUCE
- Remaining honey mustard dressing
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (e.g. white wine, red wine)
- Preheat oven to 230°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Bring a full kettle to the boil. Preheat BBQ grill to medium (if using).
- 1 Toss pumpkin on prepared tray with a drizzle of oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15–18 minutes, until tender and caramelised. Turn once during cooking.
- 2 Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on medium-high heat. Pat lamb dry, season with salt then toss in a bowl with sumac to coat. Cook lamb for about 2 minutes each side for mediumrare (depending on thickness), or until cooked to your liking. Cover with foil and rest for about 5 minutes.
- 3 While lamb is cooking, bring stock to the boil in a medium pot on high heat with the lid on. Once boiling turn off heat, add couscous, oil and salt. Stir, cover and leave for 5 minutes, then fluff up grains with a fork. Place broccoli in a large, heat-proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Cover, leave for 4 minutes then drain and return to bowl.
- 4 While couscous is cooking, grate courgette. Add cooked couscous, roasted pumpkin, courgette and dressing to bowl with drained broccoli. Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- 5 Mix remaining honey mustard dressing, mayonnaise and vinegar together in a small bowl. Slice lamb thickly against the grain.
- To serve, Spoon roast pumpkin and broccoli couscous onto plates and top with sumac lamb. Drizzle over honey and mustard sauce.
- SERVES 4
- Energy: 2631 kj / 629 kcal
- Protein: 36.8g
- Carbohydrate: 33.8g
- Fat: 38.5g
- Pantry staple