Lemon Chicken with Summery Herb Potato Salad
A quick and easy recipe, perfect for summer!
My Express Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Express Food Bag on Sunday, January 8, 2017.
SUMMERY HERB POTATO SALAD
- 1 bag diced potatoes, any liquid drained
- 1 carrot
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 1 capsicum
- 1 spring onion *
- 1 sachet slivered, toasted almonds
- 1 pottle herb aioli
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 550g chicken breast steaks
- 1 teaspoon runny honey
- 1 teaspoon mustard (e.g. Dijon, wholegrain)
- Zest of ½ lemon
- Juice of ¾ lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 230°C. Line an oven tray (with a lip) with baking paper. Preheat BBQ hot plate or grill to medium (if using).
- 1 Pat potatoes dry with paper towels and toss with a drizzle of oil on prepared tray. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 25 minutes, until cooked through. Turn once during cooking.
- 2 While potatoes cook, pat chicken dry with paper towels. Add all lemon chicken ingredients to a large bowl, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat well. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on medium-high heat.
- 3 Cook chicken for 2–3 minutes each side (depending on thickness), or until just cooked through. Remove and set aside, covered with foil, to rest. Season with salt before slicing thickly. While chicken is cooking and resting, prepare the rest of the summery herb potato salad.
- 4 Grate carrot; cut cucumber in half lengthways and dice 2cm; remove core and seeds from capsicum and dice 2cm; finely slice spring onion. Place all in a large bowl, along with almonds.
- 5 Add cooked potatoes to bowl with salad, along with herbed aioli and first measure of lemon juice. Gently toss to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, Divide summery herb potato salad between plates and top with lemon chicken.
- SERVES 4
- Energy: 2431 kj / 581 kcal
- Protein: 38.2g
- Carbohydrate: 31.7g
- Fat: 33.1g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe