Asian Beef Meatballs with Vermicelli and Corn Noodles
Use kitchen scissors to cut noodles in a few places to make them easier to eat.
My Express Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Express Food Bag on Sunday, January 8, 2017.
VERMICELLI AND CORN NOODLES
- 1 corn cob, husk and silk removed
- 2 packs vermicelli noodles
- 1 courgette
- 1 carrot
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon runny honey
ASIAN BEEF MEATBALLS
- 10 Asian beef meatballs
- ½ pottle hoisin dressing
- 1 spring onion (optional, adults) *
- Remaining hoisin dressing
- 1 pack chopped, roasted peanuts
- Bring a full kettle to the boil.
- 1 Stand corn cob on its end on a chopping board and use a sharp knife to slice downwards to remove kernels. Add to a large heat-proof bowl.
- 2 Add vermicelli noodles, pour boiling water over to cover and use a fork to separate strands. Leave for 5 minutes then drain well.
- 3 While noodles and corn are cooking, heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on medium-high heat. Cook meatballs for 6–8 minutes, turning regularly to ensure meatballs are evenly cooked, until cooked through. Add first measure of hoisin dressing and cook a further 1 minute, until meatballs are coated.
- 4 While meatballs are cooking, grate courgette and carrot. Add to drained vermicelli noodles and corn, along with all remaining vermicelli and corn noodle ingredients and toss to coat. Thinly slice spring onion and set aside.
- To serve, Spoon vermicelli and corn noodles into bowls, top with Asian beef meatballs and drizzle over remaining hoisin dressing. Garnish with spring onion (if using) and chopped, roasted peanuts.
- SERVES 4
- Energy: 2434 kj / 582 kcal
- Protein: 34.2g
- Carbohydrate: 65.3g
- Fat: 19.2g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe