Lamb with Cauliflower Couscous, LSA and Spicy Chai Coconut Yoghurt
LSA is ground linseed, sunflower seeds and almonds - delicious!
My Gourmet Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Gourmet Food Bag on Sunday, January 29, 2017.
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- ½ head cauliflower, grated *
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 tomato
- 1/3 bag baby spinach leaves *
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons LSA
- 300g lamb back strap (at room temperature)
- 100g spicy chai coconut yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon of LSA
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves *
- Preheat BBQ hot plate or grill to medium-high (if using).
- 1 Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on medium heat and cook shallot for 2-3 minutes, until soft.
- 2 Add cauliflower, carrot, salt and chilli (if using) and stir-fry for about 6 minutes, until tender. Transfer to a large bowl and cover with cling film to keep warm and steam. Set aside.
- 3 Wipe out same pan used to cook cauliflower and return to medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil. Pat lamb dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side for medium (depending on thickness), or until cooked to your liking. Remove from pan and set aside, covered with foil, to rest for 5 minutes.
- 4 While lamb is cooking, dice tomato 1cm and roughly chop baby spinach leaves. Add to bowl with cauliflower, along with all remaining cauliflower couscous ingredients. Season with salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- 5 Slice lamb thinly against the grain.
- To serve, divide cauliflower couscous between plates. Top with slices of lamb, dollop over spicy chai coconut yoghurt and sprinkle with remaining LSA and coriander leaves.
- SERVES 2-3
- Energy: 2172 kj / 519 kcal
- Protein: 42.2g
- Carbohydrate: 14.7g
- Fat: 32.3g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe