Smoked Salmon Niçoise with Olives and Dill
A change for the traditional French niçoise, this one uses Salmon!
My Gourmet Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Gourmet Food Bag on Sunday, February 5, 2017.
SMOKED SALMON NIÇOISE
- 400g potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into 0.5cm-thick rounds
- 2 eggs
- 200g green beans, ends trimmed
- 200g smoked salmon
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes *
- 70g black pitted olives
- ½ bag rocket leaves *
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1 teaspoon runny honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill leaves
- ½ lemon, cut into wedges
- A few dill leaves
- Preheat oven to 220oC. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 1 Place potatoes in a single layer on prepared tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and roast for about 20 minutes, until golden brown and tender. Turn once halfway to ensure even browning.
- 2 Place eggs in a small pot and cover with water. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for about 4 minutes for soft boiled or 6 minutes for hard boiled. Drain and cool under cold tap.
- 3 Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Cut tomatoes in half and place in a large bowl. Cut beans in half widthways. Once eggs are cooked, bring about 1 cup of salted water to the boil in the same pot used for eggs. Cook beans for about 2 minutes, until bright green and tender. Drain.
- 4 When potatoes are finished cooking, remove tray from oven, move to one side and place salmon on other side of tray. Return tray to oven for 3–5 minutes, to warm salmon slightly.
- 5 When eggs are cool enough to handle, peel and cut into quarters lengthways. Add beans, olives and rocket to bowl with tomatoes and pour over half the dressing. Toss to combine.
- To serve, divide potatoes between plates and top with dressed salad. Gently flake salmon over salad, discarding skin. Top with eggs and drizzle over remaining dressing. Garnish with a lemon wedges and a few sprigs of dill.
- SERVES 2-3
- Energy: 2413 kj / 577 kcal
- Protein: 36.1g
- Carbohydrate: 33.7g
- Fat: 31.9g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe