Fish with Raw Summer Salad and Carrot Ginger Chilli Dressing
This fresh summer salad is perfect for the hot weather!
My Own Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Own Food Bag on 5 February 2017.
RAW SUMMER SALAD
- ¼ cup Puy lentils
- 2-3 baby carrots *
- ½-1 baby golden beetroot
- ½ Lebanese cucumber *
- ½ courgette *
- 1½ tablespoons chopped coriander leaves *
CARROT GINGER CHILLI DRESSING
- ½ cup cold pressed carrot juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely grated
- ¼ chilli, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 150g fish fillets
- Bring a small pot of unsalted water to the boil.
- 1 Cook lentils in pot of boiling water for about 20 minutes, until just tender but still slightly firm to the bite. Drain, rinse under cold water then drain well. While lentils cook, combine all carrot ginger chilli dressing ingredients together in a medium bowl then set aside.
- 2 Prepare the rest of summer salad. Hold tops of baby carrots and peel into long, thin ribbons; scrub and grate beetroot; peel cucumber and courgette into long, thin ribbons, stopping when you reach the core (discard core and seeds).
- 3 Add all to bowl with carrot ginger chilli dressing, along with coriander and set aside to marinate for about 10 minutes.
- 4 Pat fish dry with paper towels and remove any remaining scales or bones. Cut any larger fillets in half and season with salt. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on high heat. Cook fish for 1-2 minutes each side, until just cooked through.
- 5 Add drained lentils to raw summer salad and toss to combine.
- To serve, Place raw summer salad into a bowl. Top with fish and spoon over any excess carrot ginger chilli dressing
- SERVES 1
- Energy: 1821 kj / 435 kcal
- Protein: 20.0g
- Carbohydrate: 51.6g
- Fat: 2.6g
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe