Chermoula-Spiced Haloumi with Cauliflower and Freekeh Salad
Chermoula is a super tasty spice blend to go with this haloumi
My Veggie Food Bag
This dish will appear in My Veggie Food Bag on 26 February 2017.
CAULIFLOWER AND FREEKEH
- 100g freekeh
- ½ head cauliflower
- 1 block haloumi cheese
- 1 tablespoon chermoula spice mix
- 1 teaspoon tahini paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon runny honey
- 2 teaspoons vinegar (e.g. red wine, white wine, cider)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 radishes *
- ½ telegraph cucumber *
- 1 nectarine
- ½ bag baby spinach leaves *
- 2-3 tablespoons mint leaves
- 50g savoury sprinkle
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to the boil. Preheat BBQ hot plate to medium (if using).
- 1 Cook freekeh in pot of boiling water for about 15 minutes. While freekeh is cooking, cut cauliflower into large florets and then grate until you have 2-3 cups worth.
- 2 When freekeh has 1 minute cook time remaining, add grated cauliflower to pot and cook a further 1 minute, until freekeh is tender with a slight bite. Drain through a sieve, rinse under cold tap and leave to drain well. Shake sieve to help drain.
- 3 While freekeh is cooking, cut haloumi into 1cm-thick slices and place on a plate. Coat both sides well with chermoula spice mix and a drizzle of oil. Set aside to marinate.
- 4 In a large bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients together. Finely dice radishes; cut cucumber into quarters lengthways and thinly slice; cut nectarine into thin wedges (discarding stone); roughly chop spinach and mint. Place all into bowl with dressing.
- 5 Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on medium-high heat. Cook haloumi for 1-2 minutes each side, until golden. Toss cooked freekeh and cauliflower in bowl with salad veggies and dressing and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve divide cauliflower and freekeh salad between plates. Top with chermoula haloumi and sprinkle over savoury sprinkle.
- SERVES 2-3
- Energy: 2555 kj / 611 kcal
- Protein: 28.4g
- Carbohydrate: 39.4g
- Fat: 37.3g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe