Herbed Chicken with Summery Potato Salad
Full of gorgeous summer flavours that will leave you wanting more!
My Family Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Family Food Bag on Sunday, February 26, 2017.
SUMMERY POTATO SALAD
- 600g baby potatoes, cut into halves or quarters so they are all roughly the same size
- 1 corn cob, husk and silk removed
- ½ telegraph cucumber *
- 1 capsicum
- 1 spring onion
- 25g sliced almonds
- 550g chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme leaves *
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves and stalks
- 1 teaspoon runny honey
- ½ teaspoon mustard (e.g. Dijon, wholegrain)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (e.g. white wine, red wine)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves and stalks *
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Preheat BBQ grill or hot plate to medium (if using).
- 1 Cook potatoes in pot of boiling water for about 10 minutes, until just tender but not soft. While potatoes cook, stand corn cob on its end on a chopping board and use a sharp knife to slice down to remove kernels. Add kernels to pot for final minute of cook time. Drain well, return to pot and set aside.
- 2 While potatoes cook, pat chicken dry with paper towels and cut into steaks. To do this, place your hand flat on top of chicken breast and use a sharp knife to slice through horizontally to make 2 thin steaks. Place all herbed chicken ingredients (except chicken) into a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- 3 Add chicken to bowl with herb mixture and toss to coat well. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on medium heat. Cook chicken for 2–3 minutes each side (depending on thickness), until just cooked through.
- 4 Remove and set aside, covered in foil, to rest for 5 minutes. While chicken is cooking, prepare remaining salad veggie. Slice cucumber in half lengthways and dice 1-2cm; remove core and seeds from capsicum and finely dice; finely slice spring onion.
- 5 Add all remaining summery potato salad ingredients to pot with drained potatoes and corn. Mix all dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Gently toss dressing through potato salad and season to taste with salt and pepper. Slice chicken thickly.
- To serve, divide summery potato salad between plates and top with herbed chicken.
- SERVES 4-5
- Energy: 1899 kj / 454 kcal
- Protein: 31.5g
- Carbohydrate: 28.5g
- Fat: 23.7g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe