Tarragon Chicken with Kumara Chips and Bean Salad
The kids will love this meal!
My Express Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Express Food Bag on Sunday, February 26, 2017.
- 1 bag kumara chips
- 1 packet chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoon tarragon spice mix
- ½ cup chicken stock or white wine
- 1 pottle sour cream *
- 200g green beans
- 1 capsicum
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes *
- ½ bag baby spinach leaves *
- 1 sachet honey mustard dressing
- Preheat oven to 230oC. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Bring a full kettle to the boil.
- 1 Toss kumara chips with a drizzle of oil on prepared tray and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 25 minutes, until tender. Turn once during cooking.
- 2 Pat chicken dry with paper towels and toss in a medium bowl with tarragon spice mix and a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- 3 Trim ends off green beans. Place in a medium heat-proof bowl with a pinch of salt and cover with boiling water. Leave for 1–2 minutes, until bright green and tender. Drain, refresh under cold water and drain again. Return to bowl. Remove core and seeds from capsicum and thinly slice.
- 4 Add capsicum, whole cherry tomatoes, baby spinach and honey mustard dressing to bowl with cooked beans and toss to combine. Set aside. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in two batches, for about 2 minutes each side, or until just cooked through.
- 5 Return all chicken to pan and add stock/wine. Cook until liquid is almost evaporated, 1–2 minutes. Remove pan from heat and fold through sour cream, until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, divide tarragon chicken and kumara chips between plates and serve bean salad on the side.
- SERVES 4
- Energy: 2169 kj / 518 kcal
- Protein: 34.8g
- Carbohydrate: 44.6g
- Fat: 21.3g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe