Dukkah Roasted Pumpkin Salad with Haloumi and Coconut Yoghurt
A flavour packed veggie dish!
My Own Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Own Food Bag on 19 February 2017.
DUKKAH ROASTED PUMPKIN SALAD
- 150g pumpkin, sliced 1cm
- ½ carrot, thinly sliced into rounds *
- 1 teaspoon Blue Coconut Coconut Oil (at room temperature)
- 1½ teaspoons dukkah spice mix
- ½ bag green beans *
- 1/3 telegraph cucumber *
- 1 tomato
- ½ baby cos lettuce *
- 2 tablespoons chopped dates
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 80g haloumi cheese
- 1 teaspoon dukkah spice mix
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon toasted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 225°C. Bring a full kettle to the boil. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 1 Toss pumpkin and carrot with coconut oil on prepared tray and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 12 minutes, until tender and starting to caramelise. Remove from oven and sprinkle over first measure of dukkah spice mix. Return to oven to roast for about 3 minutes, until dukkah is golden.
- 2 While pumpkin cooks, trim ends off beans and cut in half. Place beans and a pinch of salt in a medium, heat-proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Cover with a plate and leave for 1-2 minutes, until bright green and tender. Drain, refresh under cold water and drain again. Return to bowl.
- 3 While pumpkin and beans cook, prepare remaining dukkah roasted pumpkin salad. Peel cucumber into long, thin ribbons, stopping when you reach the core (discard core and seeds); dice tomato 1cm; separate lettuce leaves.
- 4 Add all to bowl with cooked beans, dates, first measure of lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pat haloumi cheese dry with paper towels and slice 0.5cm-thick.
- 5 Heat a small drizzle of coconut oil in a medium fry-pan on medium-high heat. Sprinkle haloumi cheese with second measure of dukkah spice mix and cook for about 1 minute each side, until golden. Squeeze over second measure of lemon juice and remove from heat.
- To serve, Place dukkah roasted pumpkin and carrots onto a plate. Top with remaining dukkah roasted pumpkin salad, then haloumi. Dollop over coconut yoghurt and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
- SERVES 1
- Energy: 2615 kj / 625 kcal
- Protein: 29.5g
- Carbohydrate: 39.7g
- Fat: 36.2g
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe